From 2 until 4 June 2016, the Fourth International Meeting of the European Architectural History Network (EAHN) will be held in Dublin.
Myself and Tom Avermaete we will chair the session "Housing and the Grassroots: Rethinking Production and Agency in the Architecture of Dwelling".
The papers that will be delivered at our session are:
– Arne Korsmo and “Hjemmets Mekano”, by Espen Johnsen, University of Oslo.
– Knowledge Formation by Architects and Workers in Assisted Self-help: Recalling the Fractured History of Portuguese Experiments from the Dictatorships to Political Democracy, 1950-1980, by Tiago Castela, University of Coimbra and José António Bandeirinha, University of Coimbra.
– Berlin’s Building Groups—A Bottom-Up Initiative in a highly Professionalized Environment by Florian Urban, Glasgow School of Art.
– Architecture in Utopia? Agencies of design in Zurich’s alternative housing by Irina Davidovici, ETH Zurich
– The Battle for the City: 1970s architects between 'luttes urbanines' and 'renovation urbaine' by Isabelle Doucet, University of Manchester
Click here to download the proceedings of the conference.